The Cafe is the informal place gathering place for our Community. It's always open and available for good company and great conversation.
Please follow these simple guidelines:
- Read through the Cafe Instructions and the first cafe table to learn more about how to participate in the Cafe.
- Feel free to wander through the Cafe, table-hopping and eavesdropping on conversations until you find the places of real interest.
- Whenever you like, join a table and pull up a chair with the others already talking there. Joining the table lets your presence be known to the rest of the group and helps build trust.
- When the conversation is finished, or when you're no longer interested, say good-bye and leave the table, thus removing your name from the table membership list.
- You can join as many tables as you like. In this cyberspace Cafe, you can actually sit at several tables at the same time. On the other hand, how many conversations can you really keep up with? Be somewhat selective.
- Share whatever you like here, as long as it's within the bounds of good taste and common courtesy.
- Please do not delete any of your tables or comments in the Cafe. If you do, things may get scrambled and you may miss some interesting conversation. Instead, use the mechanism of joining and leaving tables to keep the volume of comments more manageable.
- If you want to start a conversation about an aspect of how we can experience meaning and wholeness in the virtual workplace, please use the Open Space instead. The entire Open Space and its break-out groups are devoted to that general topic. You can get to the Open Space from the Map.
- Enjoy yourself, and help make the Cafe a warm and convivial place for everyone. Welcome!
From the 1996 Awakening Technology Community of Inquiry and Practice (CIP)
Content and Groupware Design © 1996 Awakening Technology.
Awakening Technology...*...333 S. State Street V-233...*...Lake Oswego, Oregon 97034
(503) 635-2615 voice...*...firstname.lastname@example.org
From www.awakentech.com on 04/18/2021 ---- item last modified on 05/31/1997.