Learning Inquiry Harvest: Collaborative Activities
From the CIP Learning Inquiry, in participants' own words...
- I am learning about, and experiencing the primitive state of collaborative technology. I am reinforced in my perception that visual interactions, perhaps moving to virtual encounters -- envision a touch-enabled virtual hug -- are essential to highly effective collaborative activities.
o Nearly all my work is on-line, with hardly any face-to-face communication. I depend upon on-line communication for my survival. I have a hierarchy of on-line relationships which can be described roughly as:
The greatest amount of energy is at the level of mutual dependence and this is where I spend most of my time, where I derive the greatest fulfillment and where I experience the most learning. At the moment, CIP is still at the level of a "common interest group." I like lurking and being here. It is a very warm group.
- common interest groups
- information topic interest groups
- working relationships - not mutually dependent
- working relationships - mutually dependent
- I came to learn about Trust, but within the context of a collaborative experience. I think I expected, though it was never explicitly stated, that the ultimate harvest for many or all of us would be a model of collaboration. This model, I envisioned, would be advanced beyond what I can read about today. I doubt this will happen; such appears not to be the intent.
- I miss concrete collaboration. I wonder if there is a hesitancy in the CIP to really bring up hands-on projects and ask for help, or ask for work, perhaps it being seen as too self-serving? I feel like we've been a bit too abstract and theoretical in many of the conversations -- I'd like to see things get more grounded in our real lives, real needs, reach out to each other for support as human beings.
From the 1996 Awakening Technology Community of Inquiry and Practice (CIP)
Content and Groupware Design © 1996 Awakening Technology.
Awakening Technology...*...333 S. State Street V-233...*...Lake Oswego, Oregon 97034
(503) 635-2615 voice...*...firstname.lastname@example.org
From www.awakentech.com on 03/30/2023 ---- item last modified on 05/31/1997.