Presence and Activity Indicators
The CIP application maintains several types of status information so that:
- members may be more aware of the presence and activity of others
- the application will know someone's status in enough detail to provide appropriate support
Guide documents are maintained for each member in each process (Cafe, Council Circle, etc.) containing a variety of status information, including:
and, if meaningful for the process:
- count of topics created
- count of topics read
- count of responses created
- count of responses joined
These Guides are replicated to make this information available to others through two views:
- number of topics currently joined
- list of subjects of joined topics
To minimize replication volume, only information of particular value to others is kept in the Guides themselves. All other status information needed by the application is kept locally.
- member activity view (sorted by name, displays counts)
- topic members view (categorized by topic subject)
In local documents called Markers that are not replicated to any other members, the application also maintains lists of the Notes unique document IDs of all:
The application uses these lists to know someone's status for each document so it can take appropriate action.
- topics created
- topics read
- topics joined
- responses created
- responses read
Several special purpose views are maintained to provide current lists and totals of:
These views are used by formulas to display counts on the Notice and various Guides.
- completed profiles
- members who are present/here
- current topics
From the 1996 Awakening Technology Community of Inquiry and Practice (CIP)
Content and Groupware Design © 1996 Awakening Technology.
Awakening Technology...*...333 S. State Street V-233...*...Lake Oswego, Oregon 97034
(503) 635-2615 voice...*...email@example.com
From www.awakentech.com on 05/23/2022 ---- item last modified on 05/31/1997.